Starting from Jan.5, 2018, CPU Financial Office no longer accepts individual cash/card/telegraphic transfer payment or provide handwritten invoice any more. 

Students have to pay online at least one month before applying for Residence Permit. 

When successful, show the photo of barcode (see details below) to G11-103 Ms.Liu for confirmation, and expect to receive a Printed Invoice from Financial Office later. 

Preparations: Which banks to use

  • All UnionPay bank debit cards.  No Credit Cards, Visa/Master Cards.

  • The card must support RMB.

  • The bank card must allow online banking. If not, the card holder must take own passport/ID to the bank in person to finish the paperwork for online banking.

  • The card holder also needs to reserve a mobile phone number with the bank in order to receive SMS verification code.

  • The trading limit shall be no less than the sum of tuition and fees, or you shall contact the lobby manager to cancel the trading limit.  

See also: How to open a bank account in China 

See also: Transportation Direction of Banks 


Sample UnionPay Cards  


  • You may login anywhere in the world with a computer. You will see either Chinese or English page depending on the Operational System.

  • Each student has a  10-digit student ID (as shown in Campus Card) used for User Name. Password is same as User Name.

  • If you are not sure about the ID number, make sure to consult International Office before paying. 

The Process

You will see a payment page upon successful login:


Select the charging item(s) that you would like to pay by clicking on the  before the item list.

The total amount of payment will be displayed in the bottom of the page in red.

Different payers may pay to the same account to complete the total payment.


Make sure you can afford the total and then click “Pay” And confirm


Default: “No”. 

Select “Yes” only when the payer demands specific title for invoice.


Click “Next” and confirm again


For Construction Bank, select Option 1 (Recommended),

For Bank of China, select Option 2  

Bank of Shanghai, Option 3 

CGB, Option 4,

Bank of Beijing, Option 5

For other UnionPay banks (ICBC, etc.), Select Option 6 "Union Pay Online”

For online payment failure, call 95516 (UnionPay online banking) for English service.



If you choose CCB Option 1, enter your:

1. Card number 

2. Last 4 digits of passport, the one registered with CCB

If you choose UnionPay Option 6:

Pay as a guest and put in your bank card number

Download and install necessary UnionPay Controls to enter your PIN (6-digit bank withdrawal password).


Enter your mobile phone number that you reserved with the bank and click “Free SMS” to receive verification code.


Enter the SMS verification code to complete the form and click “activate and pay”


When Online Banking is successful, redirect to CPU payment page, the first page is blank as long as the payment is complete. Turn to the second page and print the “successful” bar code. If you have no access to a printer, take a photo with your mobile phone or press “PrintScreen” button and save the picture document.

Staffs from the Section of International Students and the Financial Office can see all students payment history from his/her portal.



The system is closed everyday 22:00-0:00 Beijing Time for maintanance. 

Several payers shall not login one account at the same time to avoid overpay.

When system’s busy, do not click buttons repetitively to avoid overpay.

Do not quit until you print the “successful” invoice.

Install virus scan softwares and bank controls to avoid phishing websites.

If student has paid previously via telegraphic transaction, the payment amount might be re-calculated. As a result of currency fluctuation, he/she may see fractional amount instead of whole number.

For online payment failure, call 95516 (UnionPay online banking) for English service.


Sample of an off-line payment invoice (no longer provided since Jan. 5, 2018):