Campus Card

The Campus Card is used for: on-campus cafeteria, grocery stores and library.

The card can be recharged using human service at the House of Supplies near Cafeteria No.2.or automatic recharge machine at Cafeteria #1 (China Construction Bank Card required). 

House of Supplies Office Time: 12:30-2PM, Monday-Friday.

Having a meal on-campus

Cafeteria #1 1F provides snacks, dumplings, noodles, spicy hotpots and non-alcoholic drinks.

Cafeteria #1 2F provides 4 yuan meal, birthday cakes and milk tea.

Cafeteria #1 3F is faculty dining hall.

Cafeteria #2 1-3F provides rice, fast food, Sichuan hotpot and cakes.


The university hospital, located on both campuses, provides non-emergency outpatient treatment for all teachers and students on-campus.

International students shall pay for treatment and medicine of university hospital on their own expense. Insurance companies DO NOT reimburse receipts from the university hospital. Nor does university hospital pay for other hospitals.   

The hospital provides ambulance to its designated hospital free of charge.

The timetable for different departments can be seen in the hospital lobby.



Even though Nanjing is one of the safest cities, in China, for your own safety, never walk alone in remote areas in dawn or evening.

Carry your bag on stomach when taking bus or Metro. Do not put cellphone in your outfit/hip pocket.

Do not offer residence for a stranger even if she/he claims to be a fellow countryman. That will put you and other residents in danger.

The International Office will put all official notices on bulletin and website and send text message through 02583271423. Do not click on suspicious links. Do not answer or call back suspicious telephone calls (rings for only one second) in case of fraud.

Campus security number: 86185110. Police: 110.



The official website of Chinese railway:

Be aware of Phishing and spoof sites when buying tickets online. If possible, make record of dialogue history between you and the seller.

The railway and airline timetables are available online at and

Chinese vehicles drive right-hand.

You may apply for a named IC card (for bus and Metro) at any Metro station with your passport.

You may find various map/transportation search tools such as Baidu Map, Mapbar, and Google Map online.

All foreigners need a Driver’s License issued by Nanjing Vehicle Administrative Office (#68 Dong Fang Cheng Rd.) in order to drive a car or ride a motorcycle in China.

Map Guidance for Nanjing Vehicle Administrative Office

Post Offices and Express

In Jiangning, Campus Express (for package delivery or pick-up) can be found near Group F printing shop.

The receiver’s name and mobile phone number is required for a successful delivery.



Friendly notice: To protect customer's rights, buyer may ask for a formal invoice from seller after purchasing, whether in stores or online.


Below: Invoice (Fa Piao)  refundable


Below: Receipt (Shou Ju) not refundable



Be sure to secure a multiple entry visa before making travel plans. Foreigners cannot travel outside/inside China with a 0-entry visa (Stay/X2). The Residence Permit is a multiple-entry visa and can be used for traveling.

When students seek travel agencies, be selective: be sure to know about their qualifications, contract terms and conditions, route of visiting, and whether there are compulsory shopping.  

Famous and free sites of interest in Nanjing: Xuanwu Lake (near Xuanwumen Campus), Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s Mausoleum (Purple Mountain area), Confucius Temple, Nanjing Musem, the City Walls of Ming Dynasty, Shitoucheng Park, etc. Foreigner must bring passport to get a free ticket into these sites.  

Cultural Adaptation and Mental Health

International students may feel stressed over: a busy schedule of courses and labs, transportation between two campuses, different life style, peer competition, language learning, short-term financial difficulty and family issues. Openness to changes, strong interpersonal relationships, sports and outdoor activities, being informative, and good time management skills may help relieve stress, build up resilience and lead to academic success.

Students who can speak Chinese may seek counseling services at Campus Mental Health Counseling Center, at the entrance of Graduate Student Hall, Jiangning Campus.

We wish every student successful and happy during their stay in China.